You are not connected to the UC Merced Library network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. Off-Campus Access
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9781611483888 1611483883 9781611483895 1611483891|
|Description:||xi, 201 p. ; 24 cm.|
All the world's her stage: the museum and the theater --
Consuming desires: the boutique and the promenade --
The games men play: the stock market and the casino --
Fields of honor: political clubs, congress, and dueling grounds --
Afterword: defining spaces in modern Spain.
|Other Titles:||Spanish bourgeois novel and contemporary customs (1845-1925)|
Retrieving notes about this item
- Middle class in literature.
- Spanish fiction -- 19th century -- History and criticism
- Spanish fiction -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
- Manners and customs in literature.
- Social values in literature.
- City and town life in literature.
- Group identity in literature.
- Literature and society -- Spain -- History.